Today I am starting this series, every start of the week I will be posting a list of things I am thankful for. This weekend alot has happened around me and I got to learn things that make you sit reflect and start appreciating life. Well here is what I am thankful for:
- Life – I am grateful for just being able to see another day, being able to continue with my search of a purpose; a pursuit of happiness.
- Family – I am happy knowing that all I do should not be with a myopic view it affects those around, my family. They are the ones you turn to when shit hits the fan…
- Friends – These ones keep my behind grounded, ensure i don’t get big headed by slapping me silly when stupidity creeps into my head. The experiences shared help me become a better man. I hope you feel the same way too if we are friends 🙂
- Freedom – Being able to walk about without watching over your back, being free is something you need to celebrate, thank God for. Someone close was arrested and those hours he was on the other side of free is not something you want to experience, when you hear a man near tears (am sure they poured when we were gone) you begin taking the freedom you have albeit little very seriously.
- Dreams – I want more from life, in Marslow’s hierarchy I am somewhere midway and dreams paint a picture of how actualisation will look like. Dreams make you work harder just to be able to turn them into a beautiful reality. Maybe I dream a lot but when reality starts knocking it will also be alot of reality (excuse my english).
- Love – I know I do have walls but then there there those people who just do not give up on you, I am grateful for you too.
- Work – Everyone believes they are paid less than they are worth. We want more for me, work is part of being a son now, for I plan to become a father soon.
That is not all but it tops my list today, I thank God its Monday I can continue in my pursuit of happiness. I Thank God its Monday, I can continue experiencing all of the above. What are you grateful for today? What do you Thank God its Monday for? #TGIM