No I am not turning a new year, there are no anniversaries nor birthdays, but today I just want to share some of the mundane and serious things people say or even sing, but then again they stick. Whenever I take my usual contemplation walks in the evening these are some of the words that come back to me, and I like to see them more as lessons than just mere words or analogies. Here are the most prominent:
- Whatever you do in life, let it be a spring board to catapult you higher to your purpose in life ~ Muchai
- Never try to change someone, either accept them as they are or leave, for change has to come from within all you can do is influence it.
- Procrastination will always be the sweeter and easier option
- I will study and prepare myself, and someday my chance will come. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- If you listen to your fears you will die not knowing what a great person you might have been. ~ Robert H. Schuler
- Empowerment and involvement; engage hearts. Strategy, brand and leadership; engage minds. Outcome, dialogue and innovation; engage business.
- The best years of life are the ones you decide your problems are your own you do not blame them on your mother, the ecology or the president. You realize you control your own destiny. ~ Albert Clis
- Money is a bitch and never sleeps the best way to keep her is to marry her. ~ Gecko from Wall Street the movie.
- If you are a farmer and you plant a tree, you put all the fertilizer and water as required and it still has stunted growth, then it is time to cut it down and plant another one.
- Growth is the centre of all relationships if the ship isn’t moving its time to take a boat or swim…
- Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead ~ Adelle
- Do not tie yourself to your locality think of how to gain from the opportunities presenting themselves without your country even if it means going to China (China in this case being the manufacturing hub it is and with the high production costs in Kenya maybe outsourcing is an option) ~ Joshua
- Let all the masks you wear be relevant for the cause/purpose your wear them for; be it business, acting, or whatever it is… ~ David Nahinga
- Spirit awaits direction from the soul. ~ Bob Proctor
- The law of sowing and reaping was the law of laws. ~ Bob
- Your life is as free as you choose to live. ~ Bob
- If a risk comes with a guarantee, you cannot call it a risk.
What lessons, analogies and sticky quotes do you find etched on your mind?